Ierapetra is in the south of Lasithi prefecture and you can get there by car or by bus from Irakleio or Agios Nikolaos.
From Irakleio and Ierapetra. If you are in Irakleio, follow the road that leads to Agios Nikolaos. You should enter Agios Nikolaos but turn right and head south towards Ierapetra. The distance from Irakleio is 104 km and the road is very good. Irakleio - Viannos - Ierapetra. Alternatively, you can go from Irakleio to Ano Viannos, Mirtos and then Ierapetra. This route is certainly longer, but it is more scenic and it will give you the opportunity to see many beautiful villages in the south of the prefectures of Irakleio and Lasithi.
The distance from Chania to Ierapetra is 240 km and the trip lasts about 3.5 hours.
The distance from Rethimno to Ierapetra is 185 km and the trip lasts 2.5-3 hours.
Outside the area of the port, there is free parking for your car.
There are daily buses which connect Ierapetra with Irakleio, Agios Nikolaos and Sitia.
For more information about these buses, call:
- IRAKLEIO BUS STATION: (+30) 2810 246534
- AGIOS NIKOLAOS BUS STATION: (+30) 28410 22234
- SITIA BUS STATION: (+30) 28430 22272
- IERAPETRA BUS STATION: (+30) 28420 28237
Useful phone numbers
- Port of Ierapetra: (+30) 28420 22294
- Police Station: (+30) 28420 90160
- Health Centre: (+30) 2842 340122